Our company, Phesi, provides comprehensive clinical development analytical products and services for biopharmaceutical companies around the world. Our integrated offerings cover the entire clinical development process, from development planning and indication assessment to protocol evaluation, site selection, and trial implementation management.
We use this Privacy Notice to tell you about personal data that Phesi collects from data subjects such as physicians and investigators. When Phesi collects personal data from you:
- Phesi takes appropriate technical, physical, and organizational measures to protect your personal data from misuse or unauthorized alterations, loss, or access;
- Phesi collects and uses your personal data only for the purposes for which Phesi collects it;
- Phesi only collects the personal data that Phesi needs; and
- Phesi keeps your personal data up to date and ensures that it is accurate and complete.
When collecting, storing, processing and publishing the personal data, Phesi is acting as a data controller and, by law, is required to provide the data subjects with detailed information of how Phesi collects, stores, processes and publishes their personal data, as well as Phesi’s contact information. This notice encompasses other information that Phesi deems appropriate to provide with the data subjects.
PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED BY PHESI
Phesi collects and use the following personal data available and related to clinical trials and research.
- Your name, business contact details, and professional qualifications;
- Your clinical research activities.
Phesi collects the personal data in order to
- Determine your interest in participating clinical trials sponsored by our clients, such as biopharmaceutical companies and clinical research organizations (CROs);
- Coordinate your involvement in a clinical research sponsored by our clients in order to contact you, contract with you, provide you with information about the research, and schedule meetings and appointments with you.
HOW PHESI COLLECTS THE PERSONAL DATA
The personal data are collected by Phesi from sources, including but not limited to national registries (such as clinicaltrials.gov), academic publications (such as the New England Journal of Medicine), websites of healthcare institutions (such as the Massachusetts General Hospital), and so forth.
Phesi also receives personal data of healthcare professionals from our clients (such as biopharmaceutical companies and CROs) in performance of a contract.
STORAGE AND SAFEGUARDS OF PERSONAL DATA
Phesi has implemented technical and organizational security measures to protect your personal data from loss, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure, deletion or modification. It includes, among other mechanisms, secured back-up and archiving servers, access control, firewalls or encryption.
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA TO INTERNATIONAL RECIPIENTS
Phesi transfers your personal data to our clients (such as biopharmaceutical companies and CROs) in European Economic Area or Switzerland. Phesi complies with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information transferred from the European Union and Switzerland to the United States, respectively. Phesi has certified to the Department of Commerce that it adheres to the Privacy Shield Principles. For more information, please refer to our privacy shield policy (https://www.phesi.com/privacy-shield-policy/).
Phesi also transfers your personal data to our clients in other countries. Phesi will ensure the recipients of your personal data provide at least the same level of protection as is required by the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Principles.
WHO PHESI SHARES THE PERSONAL DATA
Your personal data is shared by Phesi with:
- Our clients (such as biopharmaceutical companies and CROs), in performance of a contract;
- Third party consultants, service providers, partner companies contracted by or on behalf of Phesi.
YOUR RIGHTS AS DATA SUBJECT
The personal data collected by Phesi is from identifiable data subjects. By law, a data subject’s rights over its personal data include but not limited to the following:
- The right to request from Phesi the access to personal data – a data subject may request Phesi to send copies of the personal data that Phesi collected from the data subject;
- The right to rectification/completion of personal data – a data subject may request Phesi to correct and/or complete the personal data that Phesi collected from the data subject, if the data subject believes that such data is inaccurate and/or incomplete;
- The right to erasure of personal data – under certain conditions, a data subject may request Phesi to erase the personal data that Phesi collected from the data subject;
- The right to restrict processing concerning personal data – under certain conditions, a data subject may request Phesi to restrict processing of the personal data that Phesi collected from the data subject;
- The right to object to processing – under certain conditions, a data subject may object to Phesi’s processing of the personal data that Phesi collected from the data subject;
- The right to data portability – under certain conditions, a data subject may request Phesi to transfer the personal data that Phesi collected from the data subject to another organization, or directly to the data subject;
- The right to withdraw consent at any time without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before the withdrawal; and
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
PHESI’S CONTACT INFORMATION
Inquiries about Phesi’s collection and use of any personal data should be addressed to:
Data Protection Officer, Phesi
PO BOX 82
East Lyme, CT 06333
Telephone: +1 (800) 679-0068
CONTACT INFORMATION OF APPROPRIATE AUTHORITIES
Should a data subject wish to report a complaint or if a data subject feels that Phesi has not addressed his/her concern in a satisfactory manner, the data subject may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at the contact information below.
Telephone: +44 0303 123 1113
Address: 8QG7+6H Wilmslow, United Kingdom
UPDATES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
This notice is publicly available at https://www.phesi.com/privacy-notice on Phesi’s website. Notifications regarding any changes to this notice will be made available on Phesi’s website.
In case any data subject and/or involved party may have questions regarding this notice, please direct the questions to above-mentioned Phesi’s contact information.
(Updated: April 7, 2020)